I have done it! I have run 31 days in a row! I have completed the Janathon!!!!
Tonight I ran with the BRJ club again for the beginners course. We upped the distance again and was aiming for 4.5 miles but we came in just under this. I did find it hard tonight as it was the furthest I have run all month but I was really happy afterwards as I knew that it meant that tomorrow is a rest day! Strangely though, my pace tonight was exactly the same as it was last Monday. I promise that this pace will be better next Monday!
I was wondering today if I had learned anything from doing the Janathon and I came up with quite a few things, but as it is quite late and I am tired I can’t really remember what they were! Here are a couple of thoughts anyway:
1. I can run. So far I have proved that I can run over 4 miles without stopping.
2. Running is so much easier with other people.
3. If I put effort into my running then I can improve, especially if I tell myself that I can do it.
4. People at the running club are really friendly and are happy to help if they see that I am putting a bit of effort in.
5. Running every day is really hard! Challenge completed though!
I am hoping to come back and read this again if I start struggling again wonder why I go out and run!!
Anyways, thanks to everyone for their kind comments and giving me encouragement along the way and well done to everyone who has completed the Janathon.
Distance: 4.34 miles